Total electrical failure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Total electrical failure

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
darcstampede
2006 KJ Liberty 

Total electrical failure

I went to start my jeep yesterday morning and my remote unlock wasn't working, used the key to open the door like a primitive savage and no dome light or any sort of electrical going on in the car. Disconnected the battery and reconnected it and it started but idles rough. The battery is only a year old, and I just replaced the 02 sensors and the spark plugs which cleared up some previous error codes, but now I'm getting random multiple cylinder misfires and this problem with the electrical going completely dead. Today it started up fine but on my way home from work my dashboard lit up and my radio cut out, shortly before the electrical shut off on me in the middle of the road, and with no electrical I couldn't turn my hazards on. Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks

darcstampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
02blue
2002 KJ Liberty 

Sounds alot like the battery again. Connections/ground okay?
02blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
Bnova
2006 KJ Liberty 

I would suggest checking to see that you have good battery cables, battery post clamps and good clean tight connections at the cable ends and clamps. If the cables look like they've got any white powder down inside the insulation I'd replace them with new cables. Just a thought and that's where I'd go first just to vertify. And you said your batt was new a year ago, it is not unthinkable that it is toast already. I would also rule that out right away too, have it checked.
Bnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

You will need to measure the wiring from the battery through the fuse boxes, ignition switch etc. using a voltmeter. Obviously first check all fuses in the fuse box under the hood and inside the cabin. First check that your battery is not toast as stated above...try a different battery!

A fused diode in the alternator could cause the battery to run flat rapidly.

Download the 2006 KJ Service manual here...includes circuit diagrams:http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.