Tires on the Hunny's KJ Kiberty. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Tires on the Hunny's KJ Kiberty.

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
chevyx68
Tumble Bee

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tires on the Hunny's KJ Kiberty.

Hey all,
It's time for a new set of 5 tires for my Lovely's KJ Liberty. I was wondering if you all could offer some suggestions. I've never had to put tires on this yet in the 3 years we've had it. I originally wanted to put a set of Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor on it like I use on my TJ, but they don't make them in her size. In fact, her wheels don't even match up with the door sticker; she must have the "Optional" wheels. The door sticker says she should have 235/70R16 tires installed.

What we actually have is five 17" wheels, so we're running 235/65R17 tires.

We don't go off-road with this, but I want it to be fine with the occasional muddy dirt road, and I want it to be perfectly happy in a foot or two of snow.
I don't want a tire that mounts only in one direction; the spare should be able to go on either side if needed.
So far, I'm looking at a set of Goodyear Wrangler SR-As, but the tread pattern looks pretty lame. I'd like something that looks a little more aggressive than that. Nothing like the MT-R though.

This 235/65R17 tire size is keeping the good stuff from showing in searchboxes. Altogether, I don't mind spending $1000 including 5 tires, mounting, balancing, and miscellaneous fees.

Suggestions?

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 3" lift for playing in the dirt
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited for picking up groceries and going away on vacation
1988 Buick Regal Custom, just because

"If, at first, you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do succeed!" -Curly Stooge

164,000mi and counting.
chevyx68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Cooper M/S, Cooper AT3 are both available in your size. May have to order them through a retailer though.
I would avoid the SRAs, the Armour trac is decent though
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

17 inch wheels throws you a curve ball since its an odd size esp. to get stock size tires. Have you looked at tire rack to see what else there is out there ? And yes the SRAs are junk / worthless
Unread 05-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
bz94z28
2004 KJ Liberty 

Do NOT get the goodyear SRAs - I bought a 2004 Renegade with those on it - they had about 15K mi on them and it hydroplaned terribly.....to the point it wasn't safe to drive. I researched alot and narrowed it down to Cooper AT3 and General Grabber AT2. I went with the Generals because I liked the tread pattern better. It eliminated the hydroplaning and so far so good - I have only put 3K on them but they are quiet, don't affect gas mileage and look great. I get alot of compliments on them --- they are the 17 in size. Good luck....but avoid the SR-A at all cost.
bz94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

chevyx68

If you end up in need, and wish to get a set of clean factory 16" Mechanica forged alum ones to get the tire size you want - There are 2 sets in my area that I know of. Just shoot me a PM.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
chevyx68
Tumble Bee

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I went up from 235/65R17 to 245/65R17 and that opened up a nice set of options. There's a little rub in the front of the driver's side wheelwell when cutting hard right in reverse (accident repair), but otherwise, Goodyear's A/T Adventure tires feel really nice and should handle its fair share of PA winters. I might get these on the TJ if I can't get the SilentArmor tires in my size (31x10.5) next time around.
libertytiresgyatadventure24565r17reduced.jpg

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 3" lift for playing in the dirt
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited for picking up groceries and going away on vacation
1988 Buick Regal Custom, just because

"If, at first, you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do succeed!" -Curly Stooge

164,000mi and counting.
chevyx68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
codygspoon

Another good brand to look into as well if general AT2. I have had two sets on my liberty and I travel from Kentucky to New Jersey at least twice a month. And they worked great this last winter really only needed 4x4 when there was ice. They also have hardly any road noise which is important on such a long drive.
codygspoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.