Timing proceedure please help frustrated inc. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Timing proceedure please help frustrated inc.

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
tsawyer
2002 KJ Liberty 

Timing proceedure please help frustrated inc.

Have been strugling with a 3.7 for couple of days I have triple checked the timing marks and they are exactly where they wrere when I dissassembled the motor checked compresson is 120 across board except for#2 90 psi may be because ring has not seated yet when I took it apart followed proccedure for thw v6 marks pointing to 12 and the chain had r dot l dot ligned the dot on the chain up with dot bon the cam and dissassembled balancer at 1 oclock pointig towards the case stamp.I can not get this thing to start it tries to fire but never gets there is there another timing proceedure I can try getting very frustrated been doing engs along time this one is kicking my azzz please help.Anyone have a manual I have pgs 9-84 9-85.

tsawyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

If the timing marks line up it could be either the cam or crank sensor is bad. Both are on the right side of the engine; the cam sensor is easier to get to.

Start there first - my other ideas would require some disassembly :-(

P.S. What year engine are you working on?

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.