Timing proceedure please help frustrated inc. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Timing proceedure please help frustrated inc.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
tsawyer
2002 KJ Liberty 

Timing proceedure please help frustrated inc.

Have been strugling with a 3.7 for couple of days I have triple checked the timing marks and they are exactly where they wrere when I dissassembled the motor checked compresson is 120 across board except for#2 90 psi may be because ring has not seated yet when I took it apart followed proccedure for thw v6 marks pointing to 12 and the chain had r dot l dot ligned the dot on the chain up with dot bon the cam and dissassembled balancer at 1 oclock pointig towards the case stamp.I can not get this thing to start it tries to fire but never gets there is there another timing proceedure I can try getting very frustrated been doing engs along time this one is kicking my azzz please help.Anyone have a manual I have pgs 9-84 9-85.

tsawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

If the timing marks line up it could be either the cam or crank sensor is bad. Both are on the right side of the engine; the cam sensor is easier to get to.

Start there first - my other ideas would require some disassembly :-(

P.S. What year engine are you working on?

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.