Tie rod issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Tie rod issues

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 07-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

Tie rod issues

Went to get reinspected today.

Rejected due to:
"Left front tie rod issue - very loose, maybe not tie rod"
misaligned headlights
top brake light out

I went and realigned my lights and replaced the brake light bulb for $4 at advance auto which leaves... the tie rod.

Should I use stock or aftermarket replacement parts and how difficult is the repair?

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
jeepkj617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

The outer tie rod end is easy to replace,the inner tie rod end is more difficult.Eitherway you will need a alignment after putting on a new tie rod end,no way around it and counting threads get's you close but it will be out of alignment.
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

ok, i need an alignment anyway - plus if I can get it close ish, the place I bought my tires from last year owes me a free alignment this month anyway.

Looks like the ball joint on the outer drivers side is shot - I'm replacing both the outers (left and right) while I'm under there

Also, are the moog tie rods ok?

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
jeepkj617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
countrygirl1536

I was just wondering before you had it checked out to see it was the tirod if the Jeep was making any noises? My Jeep has this constant clicking sound (sounds like rock in tire) but have had new tires, only when Jeep is in motion do I hear this clicking noise that drives me nuts. Sounds like front left side. Thanks.
countrygirl1536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Tie rod end will not give a clicking sound
Start checking the rear boot on the front driveshaft, the CVs etc

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.