Thoughts on this build? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Thoughts on this build?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
grenade187
2002 KJ Liberty 

Thoughts on this build?

Hi there, fairly new around here, getting ready to order parts for my early '02 KJ Limited 3.7L, 225000km. Thinking of throwing in JBA UCAs, JBA coilovers 2.5" front, Bilstein package for the rear with heavy springs, JBA CV axles. In a year or so, I'd like to replace the rear diff with a D30.

This will be my first build, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions as far as what to get and things to watch for when installing. I don't have much experience with suspension work but I'm a machinist, so I do have some idea what I'm doing. The truck is my daily driver, mostly highway. During the summer, we race downhill bikes, so the truck sees alot of mountain service roads with 150-200 lbs of bikes hanging off the back. Not looking for tons of lift, just good quality parts so I don't have to worry about breaking stuff.

Thanks alot for any advice you can give.

grenade187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

First replace the rear diff with a 30 ?? Did I read that right?
Second the JBA coilovers are a great setup for sure
lots of options with JBA from cheaper 650 Ironman, OME at 750 or so and you can add to each of them for up to 3.5 or so inches of real lift over new stock
Then on up to his coilover setups
Don't have to go to the cut CVs unless you just want to upgrade
JBA UCAs are a real good idea though
add 245-75-16 tires to any of the above and you're good to go
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
socks
2004 KJ Liberty 

I'd skip the Bilstein shocks and go for Rancho 9000's
The Bilsteins are rather mushy on road and suck off road.
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
grenade187
2002 KJ Liberty 

Great, thanks alot for the input
grenade187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
kj , lift advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.