Supertech Oil Filters- any opinions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Supertech Oil Filters- any opinions?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
Steven73

Supertech Oil Filters- any opinions?

Walmart sells their own brand of oil filter which seems to get pretty good reviews, and is an excellent price of course. It's listed as a premium filter. Just wondered what the scuttlebutt is out there on Supertech Oil filters.

Last edited by Steven73; 11-16-2005 at 10:49 AM..
Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
HammerDown

I can't say much about the supertech oil filters...but...I once asked about their Supertech brand 15/40 diesel and was almost Tar and Feathered!
HammerDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
Mateo94XJ

WallyWorld is ok by me.

That said, I run a NAPA oil filter most of the time. I ran the K&N filter and noticed that my wallet was lighter. Fram is ok, useable, but most purists will yell things at you like "WIX NAPA GOLD OIL FILTERS SAVED MY MARRIAGE" so watch out.
Mateo94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
Steven73

Supertech filters

I've done some research on these filters....and they are manufactured by Champion...(maker of Sparkplugs). They are also involved technology wise with AC-Delco. I'm gonna try this oil filter after hearing so much bad mouthing of Fram oil filters. Supertech filters are only $2.07, and if you can believe advertising, they are supposed to outperform most major brands.
Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:21 AM   #5
rbdsl

Does anyone sell a filter for the CRD besides D/C ?
rbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #6
gixxer_751

i use them with every oil change... no problems.
gixxer_751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
xxxflhrci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven73
I've done some research on these filters....and they are manufactured by Champion...(maker of Sparkplugs).
Champion Labs makes the filters. They are not the makers of Champion spark plugs. Two different companies.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.