Strange Intermittent Starting Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Strange Intermittent Starting Issue

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Scamperdoo

Strange Intermittent Starting Issue

I am looking for ideas on identifying a strange intermittent starting issue.

Of the 2x a day I start my 2006 Jeep Liberty to drive to work, 2-3 times a week when I crank it to start I have to turn the key and hold it longer than I used to in order to get it to start. A few times I had to crank it twice for it to start and it was not due to cold weather.

It cranks without making any noises - no click or anything. The battery is new. It seems to be running fine. The plugs were just changed this summer I hit 100,000.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Scamperdoo; 12-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: Typos & no views
Scamperdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
4x4jkx
2012 JK Wrangler 

How much longer are we talking? A second, five, ten?
4x4jkx is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.