steering problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > steering problems

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 02-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
davegt
1983 CJ5 

steering problems

So i story begins with the wife driving to far on the shoulder of the road(because the snow plow plowed over top of a ditch)and got stuck..some guys passing by helped by pulling her out...i dont know where they hooked on to in the front i have no hooks...
So know there is somthing wrong with my steering....when i turn the wheels
they wont turn back by them selves i have to turn the wheel to straighten up... if i make small turn of the wheel say maybe 1/8 of a turn and let go it snaps back hard ...felt weird never had that before....and if i turn the wheel 1/4 it will stay there...
What kind of damage could have been done when she was pulled out?....also could it be snow or ice doing this? thanks Dave
I guess it is possible that m pump is getting wornout...and never noticed til now...

davegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
davegt
1983 CJ5 

turned out to be lower ball joints...
davegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

Ball joints can be a very unhappy ending Good to hear thats been taken care of. Oilburner

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.