Squeaky brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Squeaky brakes

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
mjj1587
2002 KJ Liberty 

Squeaky brakes

My wife has an 02 liberty and when releasing the brake pedal, the brakes squeak. I'll be honest, I haven't taken anything apart to inspect at all.. but just wondering if anyone has had this before? If so, what was the fix? Any ideas what could be squeaking? Thanks yall!

mjj1587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
blackvyper
2002 KJ Liberty 

My brakes squeal when I apply the brake pedal. It doesn't do it every time... so I have my suspicions. The pads are almost new so I think the previous owner went with the cheapest pads.
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
mjj1587
2002 KJ Liberty 

Yeah there are no issues when braking, brakes sound and feel good, pads are good, no squealing... I almost wonder if its the calipers making the noise.. it almost sounds like a dried out hinge squeak when releasing the brakes...it definitely has nothing to do with pads... not that kind of squeak.
mjj1587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj1587 View Post
Yeah there are no issues when braking, brakes sound and feel good, pads are good, no squealing... I almost wonder if its the calipers making the noise.. it almost sounds like a dried out hinge squeak when releasing the brakes...it definitely has nothing to do with pads... not that kind of squeak.
Might be the brake pedal itself that's squeaking.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.