Spring Compressor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Spring Compressor

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-29-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
asax08037
2007 JK Wrangler 

Spring Compressor

Last weekend I was trying to replace my front shocks, but the spring compressor didn't fit into my springs(03 Liberty). I need to know what brand of spring compressor will fit stock liberty springs.

asax08037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Many auto parts stores do the "loaner" tool thing. Did that for my TJ when I lifted it. Have not changed springs on the KJ yet - so can't help on the right one. But it is info that I'm sure I'll need in the near future.

So at least this is a bump for you.

Did you do a search ?

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
asax08037
2007 JK Wrangler 

I did do a search, but the one that came up was the same one that I already tried.
asax08037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
jeeplibby1

I recently replaced my front cv axle shaft. I had to remove the lower part of the strut referred to as the clevis. I thought that I would have to compress the spring to release the tension. No rental tool that I found would fit, the coil is too tight. After searching, I found that the spring has virtually no tension on it when the Jeep is lifted (with the jack not on the lower arm of course). With it lifted you can remove the lower clevis bolt, and the bolts that hold it in place in the engine compartment. The assembly will drop out and then you can check and see if it looks like the energy in the spring is released.
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
jeeplibby1

Oh, and be careful.
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.