speedo gas and temp gauge are not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > speedo gas and temp gauge are not working

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
bklynladee

speedo gas and temp gauge are not working

I have a 2002 liberty the gauges stop working. The dashboard light stop working also. I was told to disconnect the positive battery cable for a couple of minutes, and yes it started back working for only a day or two.after repeating this action for about three weeks or so it no longer works. I really need this fix I'm tired of putting gas in the car everyday in fear if running out. Can someone please help me

bklynladee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
TiffD

Mine just did the same thing yesterday. My friend checked the white fuse clip on the left side of the car and it was loose. He took it out and put it back in. It was working fine and now its not. I was told jeeps are sensitive to bumps and he said everytime he goes over a bump to hard his gauges go out but eventually work again. I dont know if its true but check the fuse.
TiffD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
bklynladee

Thanx but fuse have been checked and they are good, just don't want to spend a lot of money until I actually know what the problem is.
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
TiffD

What all have you done/checked?
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

First check if the cluster is basically working.

Hold the odo-meter trip button down while turning on the ignition.
The gauges will run back and forth and all the cluster lights should come on.
if this does not happen then check fuse 34 (15A) and fuse 13 (10A) on the fuse panel inside the cabin.

Otherwise you may have a bad Ground which is G202 which is a black connector inside the left kick-panel.

Or try re-plugging the connector on the back of the cluster.

Or try re-plugging the connections on the BCM which is on the rear side of the cabin fuse panel.
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #6
TiffD

Hmm..okay. Well I just took the fuse out and put it back in and its been fine. Such a weird problem! Thank you!
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
bklynladee

Will try and let you know what happens thanx

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.