Speakers on 04 liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Speakers on 04 liberty

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
chachums
2004 KJ Liberty 

Speakers on 04 liberty

M looking to replace the sound system (stock) in my jeep, I got a new head unit, and have no intention of putting subs in, but would like to throw some nasty nice speakers in my jeep... Any suggestions?

chachums is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
Powerslave
2006 KJ Liberty 

The stock speakers are chosen nicely for the enclosures they are in. I was surprised at the bass response they had for stock speakers. I did not want to change them without knowing the precise data for the mounting areas.

Every time I have arbitrarily replaced them, I lost bass response, and had to install a sub enclosure. I have a decent 50w X 50w VR3 deck installed, which is SO strange. The time gets set automatically, but, when we set the clocks back an hour? The unit goes ahead 3hours and 20 minutes. No matter WHAT time I set it to, it will always go 3HR 20M ahead of the current time. When the clocks go forward an hour, it goes back to the right time all in its own. Now, tell me THAT'S not freekin' weird...

There is a factory sub-woofer you can install under the driver seat. So, if you install aftermarket speakers, and lose some bass, then you can get the one that's designed for under the seat. I was looking for one myself, but I left it all alone and kept with the OE speakers. They're really not all that bad.
Powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.