Speaker Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Speaker Replacement

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
TheWhiteChip
2007 KJ Liberty 

Speaker Replacement

So I recently bought my KJ and I LOVE it! The only issue I have is that when purchased, the passenger dash speaker and driver rear seat speaker were almost blown. To the point of constant rattle, and it drives me INSANE. I think I want to go ahead and just replace all the speakers. Has anybody done this with certain speakers in a mid level affordability range? What are the best brands and sizes of all the speakers would be nice. Thank you!

TheWhiteChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Jamans
2005 KJ Liberty 

Door speakers are 6-1/2". I went with Infinity Kapa's in the doors and they sound incredible! The dash tweeters I also replaced are 2" but I installed a 1" in it's place. The sky and your money is your limit...
Jamans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
benmar2000
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I installed Pioneer 6 1/2 components in the front with 1 1/2 tweeters.. The rear I installed Pioneer 6 1/2 3 ways.. I got everything from Crutchfield on close out..
benmar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
kbrady
2002 KJ Liberty 

Have you taken the door panel off at all? And do you have the Infiniti system? There may be a factory amp under the rear seat of attached to the front speakers
kbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
slayrr40
2003 KJ Liberty 

speakers

Does the front dash come out easy? If so how? thanks
slayrr40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
benmar2000
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayrr40 View Post
Does the front dash come out easy? If so how? thanks
The front dash does come out pretty easy.. Just some screws.. It's been like 3 years or so since I did my stereo install... But be careful around the passenger side as it has an airbag.. So before you start anything, disconnect the battery.. I know you have to remove the grab handles before you can get the top of the dash off.. I was trying to find a good writeup but alas, my Google skills sucks sometimes..
benmar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
kbrady
2002 KJ Liberty 

There are two 5mm screws on the handle of the pillers. I believe they are 5mm screws. And then the dash piece where the tweeters are just pulls up in the front there are clips and then pull forward. Then the radio is also easy to take out. If you are replacing the radio.
kbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
slayrr40
2003 KJ Liberty 

speakers

Thanks for the info. think I'll try changing out the tweeters this weekend.
slayrr40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio , speakers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.