SOS Jeep want start, rear door is clicking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > SOS Jeep want start, rear door is clicking

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
st3b

SOS Jeep want start, rear door is clicking

SOS Jeep want start, rear door is clicking, I disconnected battery and it will allow the power locks to work but as soon as I try to turn it on no pwr and clicking in the rear door

any ideas?

st3b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

First post - Welcome to JF

One of the first things I would do is load test the battery. KJ's do some really weird things if they are not getting full voltage. Owners have reported the rear door clicking as one of the results of this.

Well worth checking. Not saying this is the only possible culprit, but a good place to start. Good to clean all battery connections too.

PS: You did not fill out your Jeeps profile - so we have no idea as to what year KJ you have.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
Xodius
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3b View Post
SOS Jeep want start, rear door is clicking, I disconnected battery and it will allow the power locks to work but as soon as I try to turn it on no pwr and clicking in the rear door

any ideas?
Dead battery or nearly so. Go swap out the bat and you will be fine. I was on a battery a year kick there for a while. Now I have an optima Yellow...put it in on 10-10-10 so we will see how that one goes. The KJ's are very finicky about their power.
Xodius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.