Skis and keys - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Skis and keys

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 04-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

Skis and keys

How do i know for sure if my 03 has the skis system?

Lots of people say there is an amber light that comes on. Where exactly is this? I dont remember a light coming on other than the original system test lights that go away after crank.

I need to get keys made and i want to make sure i have it or not. I am hoping i dont since i can get keys made right at ace hardware and be done with it.

kjrenegade03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrenegade03 View Post
How do i know for sure if my 03 has the skis system?

Lots of people say there is an amber light that comes on. Where exactly is this? I dont remember a light coming on other than the original system test lights that go away after crank.

I need to get keys made and i want to make sure i have it or not. I am hoping i dont since i can get keys made right at ace hardware and be done with it.

There should be an amber light which is key shaped and has a line through it...this light should come on for a few seconds and then extinguish.

You would have seen it by now I am sure.

If you like you can remove the two plastic covers surrounding the steering column and you should see the KIM module...if it is fitted...sitting a little bit below the top of the steering column. There is a plastic "loop" that is part of this SKIM module which wraps around the ignition-key slot...to pick up the code from the chip in the key.
Unread 04-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

I got keys made and i dont have the skis. I have been reading people on here paying up to $150 just to get a key made. Im glad i dint have the skis on my kj.
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrenegade03 View Post
I got keys made and i dont have the skis. I have been reading people on here paying up to $150 just to get a key made. Im glad i dint have the skis on my kj.
I am glad that it is more difficult for people to steal my Jeep thanks to the SKIS that I have in my KJ
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

Lol, yeah im fortunate to live in a low crime area.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.