Seat Belt Not Latching - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Seat Belt Not Latching

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
dixie2bird

Seat Belt Not Latching

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is having a problem with their seat belt not latching and/or unlatching periodically. I think I wore out my seat belt latch. The problem started a few months ago and then went away and now it's back. It's kind of scary. I was driving along and all of a sudden the seat belt light went on and the beeping started and my seat belt just popped out of the latch.

Sounds expensive to fix .. anyone know how hard it is to replace the latch?

Thanks for any advice.

dixie2bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
afgd1
1984 CJ7 

yea its a problem passenger side latch broke while back there 65 bucks at dodge jeeps unlimited has them too eerie colorado is where there at 25 65 bucks if in stock i used 1 small carribeener(think thtas how it spelled) 2 large one worked good till i got new one small one goes on bottom of latch side to floor then big ones and just put belt inside carribeener sorry if spelled wrong they hold really good havent tryied to get in accident though
afgd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

passenger front belt did the same thing. i took it apart and cleaned the crud out of it. it works fine but the air bag light is on now. i havent tried unhooking the battery to reset it though.
SGTCornewell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.