ScanGauge vs. Hypertech Max Energy vs. EVIC vs. ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > ScanGauge vs. Hypertech Max Energy vs. EVIC vs. ?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 02-27-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
Carmodifier
2006 KJ Liberty 

ScanGauge vs. Hypertech Max Energy vs. EVIC vs. ?

I recently installed my new lift along with 32" tires on my '06 KJ Sport. I plan on re-gearing to 4.10's, especially since I only averaged 9.3 MPG on my last fill-up Instead of paying a shop to calibrate my speedometer, I thought I would put that money towards a monitor/programmer. Since the Sport model lacks vehicle monitoring, it would be nice to be able to monitor my KJ's most vital systems and receive real-time information. My main reason for getting a monitor/programmer is that I need to re-program for correct speedometer and odometer readings as well as correct throttle shifting due to my larger tires and lower gears. It appears the ScanGauge [http://www.scangauge.com/products/], Hypertech Max Energy [http://www.hypertech-inc.com/products-max-energy.aspx] and EVIC overhead console allow me to achieve what I am looking for. Are there any other monitors/programmers that you would recommend? What's the best one to go with? Thanks in advance for your help!

Carmodifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Regear
then get everything reset
it will be close after you regear anyways

I have a scan gauge , had it for 4-5 years works great
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

Regear
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Carmodifier
2006 KJ Liberty 

I guess I should rephrase my question lol. I AM going to regear I am just debating on going with 4.10's or getting the steel Dana 30 and going with 4:56's.

Now I need to figure out which monitor/programmer to go with to calibrate for the new additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Regear
then get everything reset
it will be close after you regear anyways

I have a scan gauge , had it for 4-5 years works great
When you say it will be close after I regear, what are you referring to?
Carmodifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

speedo etc Won't be perfect but close with 4.10s and 32s
Actually mines back to stock settings, ( as it came with 235-70s and 3.73s) little off but not bad , 3 MPH is all

I would love to have 4.56s though just for all the extra weight I have and also running around in the hills down home

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.