Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rough Country Lift Issues?

779 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  u2slow 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had any issues with a 2.5" Rough Country lift, specifically with the front strut coils hitting or rubbing the frame/sidewall? I know with any lift, the angle of the front struts is brought in, so to speak. Whenever I go over a sharp angled obstacle (like a narrow/tall speedbump, or large pothole, or some railroad tracks) faster than 10mph, I hear a loud bang from the front suspension, as if the strut coil hits against something. I had the lift professionally installed a while ago, and the guy said this would probably happen. Just curious if anyone else has had the same problem. Also, it doesn't look like the bump stops have even been touched, so it's not hitting there, and seems to happen when fully extended, not compressed.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the same issues. When I redo my front end soon. I'm taking the spacers to a machine shop and have 3/8 of an inch taken off the big section. This should help clear the inner fender. What happens is during the alignment. The shop has to move the lower control arm inward to get the camber back in. The only true way to fix it is with the JBA$395.00 extended Upper control arms. +The Rocky Road UCA is not longer than factory so it won't help. )This will allow the alignment shop to bring the lower control arm back out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.