Riveted fender flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Riveted fender flares

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 04-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
nkennell

Riveted fender flares

I've seen quite a few liberty's out in the road with the fender flares with the rivets in them and it looks pretty bad ***. All the ones I've seen are on the 02'-05' body style. I have an 03' sport. I have looked everywhere - amazon, eBay, junk yards, summit racing, smittybilt, etc. I can not find anyone who has these. Can these be found anywhere for purchase? Or can I buy front and rear fender flares and use a drill bit, and insert the flares myself? Is this the way to go about this? Any information will help - on somewhat of a budget but don't want to pay upwards of $1000 for them.

nkennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkennell View Post
I've seen quite a few liberty's out in the road with the fender flares with the rivets in them and it looks pretty bad ***. All the ones I've seen are on the 02'-05' body style. I have an 03' sport. I have looked everywhere - amazon, eBay, junk yards, summit racing, smittybilt, etc. I can not find anyone who has these. Can these be found anywhere for purchase? Or can I buy front and rear fender flares and use a drill bit, and insert the flares myself? Is this the way to go about this? Any information will help - on somewhat of a budget but don't want to pay upwards of $1000 for them.
Good luck. I tried finding them myself as well, and they're virtually non-existent at this point. Might be easier to find someone good with CAD software and order a 3d-printed set the way you want them.

I think it's rather ironic that the whole point of them in the first place was to be able to easily replace them... but if you mess one up, where you gonna buy it?
Unread 04-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
Gyrocaptain
2007 KJ Liberty 

If this is the type you mean, they are KJ Renegade flairs.06 in pic
Those rivets are just plastic hex heads.
They serve no purpose other than "to look bad ***".
Look for 02-04 yrs to fit yours. 05-07 are different,mostly the front I think.
Both are held by clips and plastic rivets to the wheel well.

Gyro
dscf0008.jpg  
Gyrocaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Just check wrecking yards etc for them they are out there. I have a set for mine laying in the garage now, well have had them for 3 -4 years now, someday.....
Unread 04-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Ebay would be a good place to look
Unread 04-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

I know someone who has a full set for about 3 or 4 years now and won't put them on OR SELL THEMů.
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
Luke09
2005 KJ Liberty 

^^^ lmao
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Hey I look at them hanging on the back wall all the time, someday I will come up with the right color to paint them and then do a major make over of the old girl

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.