Ride in the Liberty after a lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Ride in the Liberty after a lift

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-15-2002, 05:15 PM   #1
KJLiberty2002

Ride in the Liberty after a lift

I recently had the 2.5" lift done on my liberty, but I've found that after going over speed bumps, etc. the front end seems to "slam" back down. It's extremely rough. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem. I had the daystar 2.5" coil spacers installed. Thanks for the help!

Unread 03-16-2002, 10:51 AM   #2
Liberty-4-All

Quote:
Originally posted by KJLiberty2002:
I recently had the 2.5" lift done on my liberty, but I've found that after going over speed bumps, etc. the front end seems to "slam" back down. It's extremely rough. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem. I had the daystar 2.5" coil spacers installed. Thanks for the help!
There is plenty of information on the problems of the 2.5" Daystar Puc lift. Most vendors are now offering a "cutdown" version of the spacers. I cut my own to 1.25". The problem is that you are putting a 2.5" spacers inside the limited space of a strut. Without longer strut inserts, you have compressed the front spring too much. With 4" of upward travel, you have effectively removed 2.5". That leaves your struts with 1.5" of travel. It is really not safe to drive on a suspension that is that stiff on the road. Your rear shocks will also top out because they are not long enough to extend with the extra 2.5" of static extension.

Either contact who sold you the spacers, cut your spacers down to size ( not all that easy ) or drive careful and wait for the longer strut inserts. Rusty's has had some on order and in the making for months. He already has the longer travel rear shocks and they do help.

You should not even try going off-road with the setup as it is. I hope this helps and doesn't discourage you.You should read this thread from JeepsUnlimited...

Lift Installation Questions
ARMOR, ARMOR, ARMOR
LLL=15.75"
L.O.S.T.member #000001

Visit www.KJJeep.com

I got your Grocery Getter Hangin'
Liberty-4-All is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2002, 10:00 PM   #3
Kenny 96 XJ

by using just spacers without new and longer coils or shocks, you simply maxed out your stock suspension travel. That is why the front end does "slam" back down on the bump stops.

A friend of mine had the Rusty's spacers installed but he had them removed and is now waiting for longer replacement Shocks and coils in order to solve the problem.
Unread 03-17-2002, 03:14 PM   #4
KJLiberty2002

So the Rusty's struts should solve the problem that I'm having? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liberty-4-All:
There is plenty of information on the problems of the 2.5" Daystar Puc lift. Most vendors are now offering a "cutdown" version of the spacers. I cut my own to 1.25". The problem is that you are putting a 2.5" spacers inside the limited space of a strut. Without longer strut inserts, you have compressed the front spring too much. With 4" of upward travel, you have effectively removed 2.5". That leaves your struts with 1.5" of travel. It is really not safe to drive on a suspension that is that stiff on the road. Your rear shocks will also top out because they are not long enough to extend with the extra 2.5" of static extension.

Either contact who sold you the spacers, cut your spacers down to size ( not all that easy ) or drive careful and wait for the longer strut inserts. Rusty's has had some on order and in the making for months. He already has the longer travel rear shocks and they do help.

You should not even try going off-road with the setup as it is. I hope this helps and doesn't discourage you.You should read this thread from JeepsUnlimited...

Lift Installation Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.