replacing speakers in my liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > replacing speakers in my liberty

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 06-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #1
ImportKiller

replacing speakers in my liberty

ok so im putting a system into my liberty, ive already got 2 alpine type-r 12" subs, and a new JVC head unit. today i bought new 3 1/2" speakers for my dashboard, but none of my friends could figure out how to get the panel above the speakers off... so how am i supposed to replace these speakers? im afraid im gonna snap something trying. someone help!

ImportKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #2
Gentleman
2008 MK Compass 

Remove the driver and passanger side A pillar covers, the ones with the handle and the top will just lift off, its held in with clips

Bob
Gentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 02:20 AM   #3
ImportKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman
Remove the driver and passanger side A pillar covers, the ones with the handle and the top will just lift off, its held in with clips

Bob
are there any screws i need to remove? and is there some kind of way i can remove the a-pillar covers without snapping fasteners, because when i tried mounting my sub amp on the swing door of the trunk, the fasteners just snapped when i pulled the skin off.
ImportKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #4
LibertyV6

those alpines sound like super studs in a ported box. Good choice
[U]ADDED[/U] MAGNAFLOW stainless muffler, Turbolator exhaust tip, K&N drop-in, ECLIPSE CD5000 8V HeadUnit, Infinity KAPPA speakers (all w/ Dynamat) run off RF 800a4 amp, One 12" [COLOR=DarkRed][B]KICKER[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Solo-Baric[/COLOR] L7 subwoofer - run off RF 500a2 amp, 2 AURA under-seat bass shakers using alpine Flex2 amp, Front/ rear Mopar window flares, front slush mats, eurostyle antenna, Power Horn with Uniden PA Mic, 3" Smittybilt step rails[/FONT]
LibertyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
lucas/liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportKiller
are there any screws i need to remove? and is there some kind of way i can remove the a-pillar covers without snapping fasteners, because when i tried mounting my sub amp on the swing door of the trunk, the fasteners just snapped when i pulled the skin off.
Hmmm, interesting place to install amp, do yo have a pic of the amp installed already, i would like to see that. and arent you afraid the amp could get wet or create moisture?
lucas/liberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.