Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Replacing my OEM tail light with aftermarket TYC tail light for my Jeep Liberty?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ed1 
#1 ·
Hi, I need some advice... For the second time I need to replace my right side tail light because the plastic part where the metal contact is which connects the socket is all burned up so my stop light is not working and if I try to bend and fix the metal connector it will cause my fuse to blow so since that tail light part is not replaceable, I need a whole new assembly and a new factory tail light is around $133.00 dollars which is expensive and the TYC is on sale on Amazon from $95.00 to $54.00 which is great to me and the used ones are around $70.00. so now that the TYC is my best choice financially speaking, my question is are the TYC tail lights good and resistible ?? I'm asking because my second tail light that I'm now using was slightly burned, nothing serious when I bought it, I had to buy these pair because the factory ones were ruined in the inside all burned up and my stop lights weren't working at the time so I had to buy these used pair because I was leaving town the next day and of course I wanted to avoid a ticket. Anyway, so buying a used tail light was not a very good solution all though the driver's side tail light is perfect, now my right side is ruined again, so what do you think about the TYC tail lights? It won't be easy finding a good used tail light priced right. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.