Replacing head unit and speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Replacing head unit and speakers

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Fordari

Replacing head unit and speakers

I need some help here. Im put in a new stereo in a friends kj and i expected there to be amps on the speaker and the stereo to not work. But has anyone done the full system change and have any tips for changing the speakers? I have no idea why there are 8 wires connected to the amps in the front door speakers. Could someone explain that? I also saw that rewiring the car is an option. I dont have that kind of time. Thanks.

Fordari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
sfjacks1
2004 WJ 

My guess is the add'l wires are for the tweeters by the windshield
sfjacks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
TheDustMan
2007 KJ Liberty 

Does it have the Infinity sound system? I recently did this to my KJ but it just had the crappy regular ol' sound system. It was pretty easy, but it sounds like you may have the Infinity sound system so I probably can't give too much advice.
TheDustMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Mostlystock1

You have to cut a few wires in the front and loop them through to the back or the rear speakers will not work. I googled it and found it, it was pretty simple. My wife had the infinity speakers.
Mostlystock1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kj , speaker , stereo , system , upgrade

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.