Repair washer reservoir - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Repair washer reservoir

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Hmullin
2003 KJ Liberty 

Repair washer reservoir

My reservoir is leaking ('03 renegade) and it looks impossible to access. Any ideas how to reache the thing?

Hmullin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
kjjohn

You can access the reservoir by removing the right side mud guard and side fender. I was installing a snorkel the other day and could see the reservoir and all the connectors ('05 KJ)
kjjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

There is a good chance you may have bumped the pump motor or pipes.
If you are lucky something is disloged and not broken.
Unread 05-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Also, since it's not a pressure vessel, it can be easily repaired. If it's cracked, just get the crack realigned (if it's displaced, you may have to push it out from the inside with a stick...) then either smear epoxy or polyester resin (Bondo gel, fibreglas filler resin) over it.

If it's bad, get a fibreglas kit and cut a patch to fill it in, and resin inside/outside.

Sorry I can't give you advice on how to remove the tank - but I don't know the KJ, and don't like how things get hidden on new cars anyhow.

For the lines on the bottom of the tank, I find it helpful to secure them using zip-ties, pulled nice and tight. You have to cut them off, but if you're going to cut them off, the hose probably wants replacing anyhow.

(Finding a screw hose clamp that small probably isn't very easy...)
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Hmullin
2003 KJ Liberty 

Thanks guys.

Guess I sort of guessed that: "removing the right side mud guard and side fender". However, my real question is how to remove the mud guard? Looks like there are black button type joiners. I don't see any way to remove these (look like they are push in type) without breaking them. Also, does the fender need to be removed too? Looks like a bear too - there are some stud looking bolts on the outside but no screw fittings - inside looks impossible.
Hmullin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #6
kjjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmullin
Thanks guys.

Guess I sort of guessed that: "removing the right side mud guard and side fender". However, my real question is how to remove the mud guard? Looks like there are black button type joiners. I don't see any way to remove these (look like they are push in type) without breaking them. Also, does the fender need to be removed too? Looks like a bear too - there are some stud looking bolts on the outside but no screw fittings - inside looks impossible.
I installed a snorkel so I had to remove the fender and mug guard. There are 3 different types of connectors that need to be removed. The simple "push in pull out" ones that are on the mud guard, then there are those that require you to pull out the middle bit then pull out the fasteners. Then the rivets, these I just cut out because they are rivets! I have a set of jeep rivets that I replaced.

Refer to the service manual for help. Good luck.
kjjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

I was able to get to the washer pump on my 2002 CRD from inside the front-right wheel well....you simply move a section of the rubber away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.