Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Removing radio - How to:

890 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hyedipin 
#1 ·
My g/f's 03 Libby has a bad OEM head unit. It's the 6-disc in dash changer and the FM/AM portion no longer works.

I have a replacement from Ebay; however, I'm not sure how to take off the plastic cover to access the screws holding the radio in.

tips, how-to's?

thanks,
Mike

#2 ·
Take a screwdriver or a knife stick it between the baffle around the radio and the dash and pry a little. However there is a screw behind the ashtray. Becareful and dont pry too hard. Dont break the baffle. Also I hope that you bought a dash kit and a wire harness. You are going to need them. Also don't expect the speakers to sound too much better unless they are not OEM.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Use a spatula or wide ended tool, it will make it easier to remove. It comes of very easily once you remove the screw behind the end of the "ashtray space" or the hallow space beneath the A/C controls. You might have to shift the transmission so make sure you pull the brake before you do the work. I removed my stock radio once before to check the (lack of) connections behind RBQ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.