Regear specifics? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Regear specifics?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #31
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

And I won't have handling problems on road either right? because sadly that's where the jeep spends the majority of it's time...

kaleo333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleo333 View Post
And I won't have handling problems on road either right? because sadly that's where the jeep spends the majority of it's time...
Nope.

At 1st you will notice a stronger "return to center" of the steering wheel but like I said you will get used to it and not notice it after about a week or two.No noises and no extra wear.
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #33
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

Perfect, thanks for all of the first hand knowledge on all of this.
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #34
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

If it makes you feel any better, I'll likely go with truetracs on mine. I'll have to regear the front though to 3.73s or lower though.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #35
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

Alright I got it back from the shop a few days ago and I've driven it a bit and I can say I definitely notice the stronger "return to center", but it doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me is the fact that it pulls to the left. This is just the car being out of alignment right? This wouldn't be anything permanent caused by the truetrac correct? I can't wait to get a chance to test the new posi though.

Also, How much rubbing am I going to get on 265/75/16's? I guess I've accepted that I can't go bigger because I want duratracs and the next size up is 285/75/16 which will be way too big I'm guessing... Is that a rubbing problem when offroading or is it like an axle strength problem?
Unread 11-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

3 pages and still asking the same questions
with the BDS lift where you're sitting you're going to have quite a bit of rubbing
of course we don't know what wheels but if stock then there will even be more than say with an aftermarket wheel with 4 inches of backspacing / 7 inches wide
With the lift you have, height you are sitting at, where you live, personally I'd stay with a 245/75/16 or something along those lines .
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #37
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleo333 View Post
Alright I got it back from the shop a few days ago and I've driven it a bit and I can say I definitely notice the stronger "return to center", but it doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me is the fact that it pulls to the left. This is just the car being out of alignment right? This wouldn't be anything permanent caused by the truetrac correct? I can't wait to get a chance to test the new posi though.

Also, How much rubbing am I going to get on 265/75/16's? I guess I've accepted that I can't go bigger because I want duratracs and the next size up is 285/75/16 which will be way too big I'm guessing... Is that a rubbing problem when offroading or is it like an axle strength problem?
Get the alignment checked since they had to undo some alignment cams to remove the front diff.

Unless your at 3.75" or above your going to have a lot of rubbing offroad with 265/75's,more if your using 8" wide rims and/or less then 4" of back spacing.Even if you have enough lift and the correct rims you will need to pound over the pinchweld and do some creative trimming front and rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.