Regear specifics? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Regear specifics?

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 11-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #16
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

Alright thanks for the advice. I guess I just saw that larger tires could get the revs down and got excited but that really doesn't matter. I'd love to replicate your mileage haha

kaleo333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Depending on rims your going to have major rubbing issues,your going to have big rubbing issues regardless with 3.5" of lift and 265/75's.

For the least amount of trimming required stick to a 16x7 rim with 4" of back spacing for 265/75's.If not never flex the thing or bye-bye rear flares,you will rip them off.
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Kaleo, just curious, you running an automatic or 6speed manual? If you don't mind disclosing, who is doing the regear here in town?
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #19
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

This is the 6-speed and it was actually a shop in Denver that was recommended to me.
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #20
kokomo22
2003 KJ Liberty 

Who is doing the regearing here in Denver?
OME lift, MOAB Wheels with 235/70/16 BFG AT
kokomo22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #21
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokomo22 View Post
Who is doing the regearing here in Denver?
Go to CrawlerTech and talk to Josh,he's done one before and has done axle work for me also.

http://www.crawlertech4x4.com/
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #22
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Curious at how much they are getting. May have to start offering it here when things slow down.
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #23
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Curious at how much they are getting. May have to start offering it here when things slow down.
Regearing a KJ is not as easy as say a JK or TJ,the rear is simple since it's just a 8.25 but the front diff must be removed 1st to regear.I can't say how much Josh would charge for a KJ but the norm is around $1500-$2000 just for your basic regear,lockers add to that cost.The cost may have gone up to since gear prices have double to almost tripled in the last few years.
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #24
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

SFF customs. Anybody done work here?
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleo333 View Post
SFF customs. Anybody done work here?
Might want to do some research on that place,seems he was good then screwed over a lot of people,no warranty of any kind,and uses craigslist to find victims.

If your going that far north for this I'd check with CrawlerTech,at least they will warranty there work and are good.
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

I was just referred by someone who I had sold some wrangler parts to.

I just talked to crawler tech and got an estimate that was close to SFF. And I also got some information and I wanted to know if anyone else ran truetrac's in the front and back. Are there any handling problems with the truetrac in the front?
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #27
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
I was just referred by someone who I had sold some wrangler parts to.

I just talked to crawler tech and got an estimate that was close to SFF. And I also got some information and I wanted to know if anyone else ran truetrac's in the front and back. Are there any handling problems with the truetrac in the front?
DTT is awesome in the front of a KJ.I ran one before the SFA swap and loved it.You will 1st notice the steering wheel return to center with more force but you will soon not even notice it,otherwise no issues at all and no extra wear on parts or tires.In deep snow and ice when you engage 4wd it's really a point and shoot driving experience with a DTT up front.
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #28
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Regearing a KJ is not as easy as say a JK or TJ,the rear is simple since it's just a 8.25 but the front diff must be removed 1st to regear.I can't say how much Josh would charge for a KJ but the norm is around $1500-$2000 just for your basic regear,lockers add to that cost.The cost may have gone up to since gear prices have double to almost tripled in the last few years.
Pulling the front axle out of a KJ isn't that bad IMO compared to some other nightmares. Can't be any worse than tearing apart the diff of a 'yota 4runner
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #29
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

DTT? I'm assuming you're referring to the limited slip but what exactly does that stand for. Detroit true trac? And I heard there will be excessive amounts of extra force needed to turn and when it engages it will jerk the wheel and makes for very rough and jumpy rock crawling.
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Pulling the front axle out of a KJ isn't that bad IMO compared to some other nightmares. Can't be any worse than tearing apart the diff of a 'yota 4runner
No not real difficult but not as easy as say a TJ.

Quote:
DTT? I'm assuming you're referring to the limited slip but what exactly does that stand for. Detroit true trac? And I heard there will be excessive amounts of extra force needed to turn and when it engages it will jerk the wheel and makes for very rough and jumpy rock crawling.
DTT = Detroit True Trac

You will not even notice it offroad.To really make it shine apply the brakes a little before a obstacle to fool it into "locking",also limits wheel spin and blowing the D30A apart.Loved mine offroad,kinda miss it but limited to 33" tires so I now have front and rear ARB's instead of DTT front and rear ARB.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.