Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Recommendation for 4x2 (non offroad) Ball joints

428 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jb1331 
#1 ·
I just got through replacing the Ball Joints on my ZJ 4x2 with Dana Spicers. Now on to my daughters KJ.. I know the factory KJ BJ's are garbage and don't last long. Wondering if Dana makes a set for the KJ.. if so what model? I don't think I need Synergy BJ's for non off road use..

#3 ·
As a note.....there was a ball joint recall and they all were replaced (free at the dealer). You might check yours to see when/if they were done. Mine were replaced by the dealer under the recall. Mine seem to be lasting pretty well considering it has been off-road and in some pretty rough places with no issues so I don't think they are actual garbage as you mentioned.

The Moog ones mentioned by Robert are better though and greasable and there has been good reports on them so if you are going aftermarket the Moogs are the ones to get.

Dave

Reactions: jb1331
#4 ·
Looks like the BJ recall on the KJ's was issued on 8/3/2006. Looking at the carfax history on my KJ, our KJ was in a dealership on 3/2/2007 and the lower ball joints replaced at 38k miles. On the FCA VIN site, it shows my KJ was covered and completed for the BJ recall. Here we are at 126k (78k miles later), and the BJ's a little loose..

So looks like I will doing this job out of my own pocket..

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.