Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rear window regulator fun!

550 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Sloepoke 
#1 ·
Looks like my other window regulator crapped out.

I removed the door panel, and say that regulator cable (with the spiraled in) just sitting there in the door.

Does this usually mean that I will need a new regulator? I just wanted to make sure before I ordered one.

#2 ·
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2284548&cc=1420805&jsn=380

As shown there is a cable that has an end that doesn't connect to anything . There is a plastic piece where this cable connects to the track that breaks & a plastic piece where the regulator connects to the bottom of the window that also breaks . If the motor runs but doesn't move the window , I'd look for a broken plastic piece .
The one in the link is for a front window , rear are similar but a little different so you will need one for whichever window isn't working if the regulator is the problem . There are front & rear & left & right .

#3 ·
Hmm. I will tell you that this cable (with a spiraled-end) will sit there and spin if I activate the window control. Like, it will bulge up and make noises as it scrapes up the door. Is that what it should be doing?

Sounds like regardless, plastic is broken, and it's time for a new window regulator....

#5 ·
If you look at the link , out near the end of that cable there is what looks like a black zip-tie with a nipple on it . That nipple pops through a hole in the door panel only to keep the cable from rattling around in the door . Sounds like you have something broken on your regulator .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.