Rear Window Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Rear Window Issues

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 05-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
jsbelljr83
2004 KJ Liberty 

Rear Window Issues

Wed when I was driving home attempted to put the drivers side rear door glass all the back up when I heard a loud bang come from the door. I thought someone had struck the door with a rock until I looked back and noticed the window was down further then it initially was.
I pushed the lever to get the window to raise and alls I could hear was the motor noise and the window stayed 1/2 way down. Within a mile the window crept all the way down and stayed that way until I got home. Once I did I used a pair of needle nose pliers to raise the glass all the way up and once I did it slowly crept back down. For now I have several small pieces of wood acting as wedges to keep the window upright.
I have an 04 Liberty Sport with 154,000 on it. A few years ago the stationary glass on that door was broken and had to be replaced. Can someone let me know what they think the issue could be? I plan to go out and take the panel off soon and try to see what the heck happened.
A buddy of mine told me he has a friend with a Wrangler that had the same issues when his glass got hot and it was just a matter of getting the glass back onto the track.
Thanks in advance, Sam

jsbelljr83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You have experienced a window lift/track failure. Not uncommon, many owners have experienced the same issue - multiple times. Some owners of certain year models were being reimbursed by Jeep for this. I do not remember which years being covered.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
jsbelljr83
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
You have experienced a window lift/track failure. Not uncommon, many owners have experienced the same issue - multiple times. Some owners of certain year models were being reimbursed by Jeep for this. I do not remember which years being covered.
I called the dealership where I bought mine from and was told there is recall for this issue. But, the guy I spoke to wasn't the service manager I usually deal with so I will call back Mon.
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
50rck
1991 YJ Wrangler 

steigerperformance.com
otherwise the "free" dealer fix is the same plastic junk.

2006 Jeep Liberty. Nothing special, all stock.
50rck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
jsbelljr83
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50rck View Post
steigerperformance.com
otherwise the "free" dealer fix is the same plastic junk.
Steiger is where I am going to order the parts from, not bad, around $95 per side.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.