Rear hatch lock? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Rear hatch lock?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-22-2004, 02:21 PM   #1
yikess

Rear hatch lock?

I have a 04 Renegade. Everytime I put the car into drive, the rear latch locks, then when I hit 15mph then all the doors lock. Is this normal? does this happen to anyone else? Ita annoying because its so loud and everytime I put it into drive it happens. Thanks for the feed back.

yikess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 02:27 PM   #2
Renegade04

Its normal... Basically the lawers are saving you from yourself...Also saving DC from a stupid lawsuit... "Duh I didnt know I could open the door at 50mph. Its Jeeps fault I fell out..."
Unread 04-22-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
Gunjunkie

I am sure your dealer can disable it. but I kinda like it.. is much safer if wife driving and puts stuff in back and forgets to lock the door..
Gunjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 05:42 PM   #4
Steven73

auto locks

I kind of like it too. Other people have complained about it, and there is a way to disable it through the cars computer system I think. I doubt whether a dealer would disable it..it would pose a liability factor for them.....seeing that so many people are so litiguous these days.
Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 06:42 AM   #5
meh_kick

If you have the overhead EVIC display, you can disable it through one of the setting menus (i wanted mine ON and did so after checking the manual).

If you don't have it, check your manual anyway... you might get lucky and save yourself a trip to the dealer

First car that i've noticed doing that was my pops' '95 Voyager.

--Mitch
Unread 04-25-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
yikess

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_kick
If you have the overhead EVIC display

How can you disable it through there? I have the overhead disply and I tryed and it didnt work. Thanks for the info.
Unread 04-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #7
meh_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikess
How can you disable it through there? I have the overhead disply and I tryed and it didnt work. Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, i think all that you need to do is cycle through the "menu" until "auto door locks" is displayed. Then, press "step" until the option says NO.

That's all that you should do. If, however, that doesnt do the trick... I don't know what to tell you...
--Mitch
Unread 04-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #8
Steven73

rear hatch locks

i know what to tell you...leave it be....it's a good safety feature.
Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2004, 02:47 PM   #9
yikess

Quote:
Hmmm, i think all that you need to do is cycle through the "menu" until "auto door locks" is displayed. Then, press "step" until the option says NO.

That's all that you should do. If, however, that doesnt do the trick... I don't know what to tell you...
--Mitch

I tryed that, it doesnt work.
Unread 04-27-2004, 03:12 PM   #10
meh_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikess
I have a 04 Renegade. Everytime I put the car into drive, the rear latch locks, then when I hit 15mph then all the doors lock. Is this normal? does this happen to anyone else? Ita annoying because its so loud and everytime I put it into drive it happens. Thanks for the feed back.
Returning to your original statement... It sounds like you have a computer / mechanical issue. I don't think that the rear hatch should be locking as you put the vehicle into drive. Also, the locking doors are not particularly loud that i've noticed. In fact I don't notice anymore when they lock at all. (had to turn the blinking back on when I use the remote sensor)
--Mitch
Unread 04-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #11
yikess

Quote:
Returning to your original statement... It sounds like you have a computer / mechanical issue. I don't think that the rear hatch should be locking as you put the vehicle into drive.
Thats what I thought. I brought it to the dealer and they said it was normal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.