Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rear Glass Won't Latch

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  libertyordeath8 
#1 ·
2007 Liberty rear glass won't latch. After realizing that the latch was in the closed position I electrically unlatched, pushed glass to the where it should latch but it doesn't. I can (with fingers) actuate the latch to the closed position where it does latch but the hasp on the glass won't actuate it. The vehicle has been hit on spare tire but this hasn't had an affect on the glass not latching before now.

Any info appreciated

Thank you
Rich

#3 ·
2007 Liberty rear glass won't latch. After realizing that the latch was in the closed position I electrically unlatched, pushed glass to the where it should latch but it doesn't. I can (with fingers) actuate the latch to the closed position where it does latch but the hasp on the glass won't actuate it. The vehicle has been hit on spare tire but this hasn't had an affect on the glass not latching before now.

Any info appreciated

Thank you
Rich
I had this problem, I ended up unboktong the latch from the glass and adding a few pieces of square cut leather and bolting the latch back on. The leather acts as a spacer and allows the latch to reach back into the catch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.