Question about Coil Spring Spacers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Question about Coil Spring Spacers

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
muddogLib02
2002 KJ Liberty 

Question about Coil Spring Spacers

Hi everyone, i have a stock jeep libby 02 and i have been rocking it stock off roading..but i want a little more lift. I do not wanna spend alot of money so i was thinking i should buy spacers.What brand should i buy or is there any other better less expensive ways. thank you

muddogLib02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

Daystars or Rusty's 2.5" & Rough Country are popular.
You can search the forums and find lots of good info like this :
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/w...r-lift-798810/
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
autoboy454
1989 YJ Wrangler 

just a note, by the time you have spent money on the spring spacers you have spent about half of the money that could have gone towards real lift springs, better shocks etc. Depending on how many miles your KJ has you may not see as much lift as is advertised as your springs may already be tired. Adding a spacer to the mix will only further accelerate the lousy ride on stock high mileage springs on libertys. I have searched many forums wondering what the cheapest way of lifting my KJ is and have decided to wait and get decent springs, shocks, mounts to do it the right way. Found a lead on a 2.5 set of coils out of an 02 for 125$ on my local CL. You just have to keep your eyes open for deals and you will be impressed with the improved ride as well as the reliable lift from lift springs as opposed to lift spacers.
autoboy454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
LoneLiberty
2004 KJ Liberty 

Going the cheap route is most always the wrong route!

Do the research and you'll end up saving money in the long run by doing it right the first time!

Spend the extra money and do it right the first time with Old Man Emu H.D. lift coils (#927 front, #948 rear), Rancho RSX 17505 front shocks, any brand of rear shocks for a 2000-2002 Dodge Durango can be used for extra extended lenght.

While the front is all apart, installing Jeepin By Al's upper A-arms would also be a good idea. Also, add extended 3" bump stops front and rear. A free 3/8" clevis lift can be added to the front for a 3/4" boost and an extra upper rear spring isolater added for
1/2" boost.

Last edited by LoneLiberty; 10-31-2009 at 06:21 AM..
LoneLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #5
99xjjoe
1999 XJ Cherokee 

dont waste your money on spacers or cheap lifts.Do what LoneLiberty said or the frankinlift if thier not all discontinueddiscont
99xjjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
T-birdJunkie
2002 KJ Liberty 

Only the frankenlifts using Rancho front shocks are discontinued. Can't exactly keep making something with parts that are discontinued
T-birdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.