Power window not going UP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Power window not going UP

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
gcotterl
2004 KJ Liberty 

Power window not going UP

The glass on the right front window has intermittently stopped going UP when I use the switch on the console. (If I continue fiddling with the switch, the glass will/may eventually go up).

Is this a problem with the switch, the window regulator and/or other mechanism?

gcotterl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Seeing as it eventually goes up after multiple tries with the toggle, sounds more like the switch.

It always helps if you fill out your Jeeps profile, so those who may answer have a better idea what your working with.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
gcotterl
2004 KJ Liberty 

Power window not going up

In 1977, I bought a new Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser which was built like a tank. But the gas mileage sucked so I had the smog-equipment removed and installed headers and a 4-barrel carburetor. This only marginally improved the power and the mileage.

In 1983, I bought a new Jeep CJ-7. Because I had to make the FJ-40 California smog-legal, I found a shop that "claimed" that they could locate and install the smog equipment. Two years later, the shop "gave up".
Since my FJ-40 had been sitting in the shop's back-lot (subjected to the weather and vandalism), I ended up selling the FJ-40 for $500 salvage).

I kept the CJ-7 for 18 YEARS and made NO modifications to it. I drove it 99 44/100% of the time back-and-forth to work and 56/100% off-roading (in Death Valley, Canyonlands, Glamis and other places). It was an OK vehicle but it had a lot of problems with the Pulse-Air smog system and with the transmission.

In 2004, I sold the CJ-7 for $7,000 (!) and bought the Jeep Liberty. I've made NO modifications to it. Except for regular maintenance (fluid and filter changes and one tune-up, etc), it's been a good vehicle. It it hasn't been off-road except for maybe 5 miles.
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hope things find there way to functioning, and it's only a switch and not wireing. Wish I had that FJ40.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
gcotterl
2004 KJ Liberty 

Power window not going up

Where I can get a new switch for the front-right (passenger) power window? (The switch goes in the center console).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.