Power door locks, radio, and dome lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Power door locks, radio, and dome lights

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
robbjo

Power door locks, radio, and dome lights

Hey Fellows

We have a 2006 Liberty V6. This weekend while on a drive to the mountains all of a sudden the Power door locks, radio, and dome lights quit on us. Checked all fuses and they a good. I have found other jeep owners that this problem, but no one has posted the solution. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Robb in Riverdale

robbjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbjo View Post
Hey Fellows

We have a 2006 Liberty V6. This weekend while on a drive to the mountains all of a sudden the Power door locks, radio, and dome lights quit on us. Checked all fuses and they a good. I have found other jeep owners that this problem, but no one has posted the solution. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Robb in Riverdale
Did you check the fuses in the box under the hood as well as in the panel inside the cabin?

Door locks and dome lights are controlled by the BCM which sits behind the internal fuse panel...try re-plugging the connectors to the BCM. I don't see how the radio issue is related though unless they all share a common fuse somewhere.
Unread 07-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
robbjo

Liberty PROBLEMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwill View Post
Did you check the fuses in the box under the hood as well as in the panel inside the cabin?

Door locks and dome lights are controlled by the BCM which sits behind the internal fuse panel...try re-plugging the connectors to the BCM. I don't see how the radio issue is related though unless they all share a common fuse somewhere.
Yes, All fuse were check and re-seated.
robbjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

You need to put a voltmeter over one of the objects that is not working such as the radio or dome light and check for +12 volts across it.

Check also with the red lead of the meter to the +12 volt side while moving the black meter lead to a good clean chassis point and see if you now pick up +12 volts....you may have a ground missing and this ground may be common to all the problem items!

You can download the 2006 KJ Service Manual here...includes circuit diagrams: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.