Possibly a low idle? 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Possibly a low idle? 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 04-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
shaneybrainy13
2005 KJ Liberty 

Possibly a low idle? 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade (3.7L V6, 6-Speed Manual transmission) that idles a little "rough" I guess you could say. The tach reads roughly 500 to 515 RPM in park with the transmission in neutral (and first as well when not moving) the stick shift shakes about a bit and there is noticeable vibrations (if you look carefully the passenger seat shakes ever so slightly when no one is sitting in it) there are no engine warning lights nor any warning light at all lit up on the dash aside from a "part time" light which I believe to be an unrelated issue (transmission sensor is flipped). Anyway, is a 500 to 520ish idle normal for Jeep Liberties? Or is this idle to low? Sometimes if I rev the engine a little bit in neutral, the needle will dip ever so lightly below the 500RPM mark and you can hear/ feel the engine beginning to choke, the needle then abruptly bounces back up to the 500-520ish mark. Otherwise, the car runs fine. It never shuts off while its idling. The Jeep has 75,000 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Unread 04-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
x99j

if your throttle body is clean, you spark plugs are newer and stock, and your valves are holding compression it is normal. see the link below. as for the low idle at 500 rpm: i had my pcm reflashed under warranty which raised the idle slightly. mike

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/3...-rough-504767/

91 yj 2.5l, ax-5, np 231 3 inck lift, 31'' mud rovers

12 kk 3.7L, 42rle, mp1522, d-30, 8.25.
x99j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
blakeKJ
2006 KJ Liberty 

This happened to me. 06 v6 6 SPD
Except sometimes it stalled and the idle would jump.

I had an injection service (they flush the system and you burn a tank of premium fuel) fixed it right up. Idles perfect.

My 2 cents
blakeKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.