Play in new CV axles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Play in new CV axles

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
grenade187
2002 KJ Liberty 

Play in new CV axles

Hey there, recently lifted my 02 kj limited with the 2.5" jba adjust a struts. While I was in there, changed both cv axles and passenger side intermediate shaft, as well as seals and needle bearings. had play on the passenger side before changing them, drivers side was still good, but i figure if you do one, you should do the other. now I've got play in both cv axles, definitely coming from the joints themselves. When I get up around 120km/h I can feel vibration.. don't want to ruin my new bearings.. anyone had. This. problem? is there a reputable manufacturer of CVs anyone can recommend? thanks. oh, and the replacement axles were new, not refurbished.

grenade187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

New from where though?
If dealer ok
If not there could very well be your problem since they are more than likely from China and we all know they can't measure worth a plug nickle
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
grenade187
2002 KJ Liberty 

Yea, they were from an auto parts place, a local one I use a lot, not a Napa or lordco, they usually stock quality parts, but you're probably right, the new CVs are probably from china.. don't really want to get bent over by the dealership as they will most likely want $500 per shaft.. does anyone know of any other options out there?
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

NAPA remanned is all I use
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
grenade187
2002 KJ Liberty 

Ok, I'll check em out, thanks for the input!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.