P0876 Transmission Code 02 Jeep Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > P0876 Transmission Code 02 Jeep Liberty

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Savage46
2002 KJ Liberty 

P0876 Transmission Code 02 Jeep Liberty

I have a liberty with the 45 RFE transmission with 120,000 miles on it. When driving it down the interstate in downshifted into third gear and stayed. Also got a P0876 code (Transmmission fluid pressure sensor D range/performance problem). If you shut it off and stated it back it would upsfift into second then go to third and never downshift. I read the manual and it said that this type of code puts it in limp mode. I took it to the transmission place and they put a new solenoid in it (which 9 out of 10 times fix it) still had the same problem. After having it for six working days and them contacting there transmission network people multiple times it was the check valve inside the valve body. The cost was $100 for the part, total cost was $400. That included new fluid, both filters and labor. I took it to one place and they quoted a rebuild transmission for $2400. I am sure glad I got a second opinion.

Savage46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like the folks that fixed your trans were decent and straight up. That can not be said about quite a few trans shops I've stopped into over the years.

A friend of mine had purchased an older mopar station wagon from my mom, it had really low miles and had sat for awhile garaged - but shifted rather sluggish. Helped my bud drop the trans pan & the fluid that came out looked pretty good considering it's age. A few months went by & and he still thought it should shift harder. Went with him when he brought it to a local trans shop, after a bit the tech came up to the waiting area & said that the trans was close to being totally shot. I called BS and asked him to show me how he determined this. With a smile the tech walked us over to his lift and bench and proceeded to show me the trans pan with a perfect pile of metal shavings on it. I advised him that he should make sure that the shavings are at least covered with trans fluid the next time he trys that stunt. He turned so red in the face, I thought his head was going to explode. Needless to say, my bud had no service done there.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.