P0122 & P0455 Codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > P0122 & P0455 Codes

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Tamerin
2005 WK 

P0122 & P0455 Codes

2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade

Noticed a considerable drop in gas mileage, and noticed my check engine light popped up every time the truck gets to 1/4 gas left. Ran the codes and got the following:

P0122 - TPS?
P0455 - Gas Cap?

For the 122 code, is there a picture of where exactly this is located? Advanced Auto Parts has the following. Figured I could go pick it up and replace it.

For the 0455 code, any advice? Gas Cap looks just fine, no issues there. Any suggestions what I could check alone the EVAP lines? Or if someone has a picture of what I should look for?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Tamerin; 12-16-2011 at 08:03 PM..
Tamerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

If it needs a TPS, dont waste your time, or money on the advance parts junk, or AZ, etc. Fetch one from the dealer, at least then you know the connector will lock on properly, and it will perform properly. The other code seems to mean a large evap leak detected. Could be a bad seal on the gas cap, or an internal vent problem in the cap, or a leaking purge solenoid, etc. Smoke machine is what we normally use to trace it down.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Tamerin
2005 WK 

Thanks for the tip, I'll get the part from the dealer.

Regarding the EVAP line, doing it myself... So if I don't have the smoke machine, is there another way to check? The Mechanic said the Gas Cap too, replaced it and 4 weeks later same issue.

So how can I check it myself? Are there specific places I should check first to locate the issue? Also, I checked and I noticed something about the PCV as well. Could this cause this code at all? Or maybe I read up on it wrong. I could take a look at it, not sure if it could be stuck or not and needs to be replaced on my Jeep, but wondered if that would do anything for this anyways lol
Tamerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

There is probably ways to do it, but it wont be very simple, and very time consuming. You would be better off money wise letting a shop smoke it vs the time you're going to sink looking for a leak. I would check all the rubber evap hoses that you can see. Look for cracks, etc. That would be the easiest place to start.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.