OME lift few quick questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > OME lift few quick questions

**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06

Unread 08-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
Mikey37
2005 KJ Liberty 

OME lift few quick questions

Going to be getting my OME lift before the end of next week. Going on an 05 KJ and wondering about leveling. Basing on the advertised 1.5/1.75 inches front and rear, should I get the trim spacer that says it brings the front up 2 " and then stick a 1/4" iso in the rear?.... or go with the clevis lift in the front and save the extra cost of the trim spacer? I hear that clevis lifts will crush down in time, losing the lift gained so I am just wondering what my options are. I guess I can live with a 1/4 " of rake too..would barely be noticeable I imagine. Thanks for your time and knowledge on this

Unread 08-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
02blue
2002 KJ Liberty 

What about a couple conduit nuts up front as a clevis shim. Then it won't crush down.
Unread 08-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
Mikey37
2005 KJ Liberty 

I read in my research that they don't support any weight?? Sorry not trying to argue .. I have never done a lift in my life (first 4x4 I ever owned) + first time doing my own project vehicle. A lot of fact from fiction to sort out on the internet when it comes to getting info on anything. So conduit nuts and the max amount of a clevis lift is what ... 3/8 " if I remember correctly but I don't need the full 3/8 " to gain 1/4 " of lift soooo doing the math I figure that to get 1/4 " of lift I would need a 1/8 " movement on the clevis?? I think that's right <<<< this is me after researching Thanks for reading and chiming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blue View Post
What about a couple conduit nuts up front as a clevis shim. Then it won't crush down.

Last edited by Mikey37; 08-23-2015 at 03:59 PM..
Mikey37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
Going to be getting my OME lift before the end of next week. Going on an 05 KJ and wondering about leveling. Basing on the advertised 1.5/1.75 inches front and rear, should I get the trim spacer that says it brings the front up 2 " and then stick a 1/4" iso in the rear?.... or go with the clevis lift in the front and save the extra cost of the trim spacer? I hear that clevis lifts will crush down in time, losing the lift gained so I am just wondering what my options are. I guess I can live with a 1/4 " of rake too..would barely be noticeable I imagine. Thanks for your time and knowledge on this
W@hat???
OME 927/ 948 combo gives you 2.5 inches front and rear that BS you found is advertising in Australia for insurance purposes.
Read the threads and you'll see what everyone gets , don't need the trim spacer that just adds more to the spring rate is all

read through my various posts , done over 30 lifts, mostly with OME kits let me know if you have questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.