Ok, how do you take off the shifter knob?!?!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Ok, how do you take off the shifter knob?!?!?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-05-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
swyszomirski

Ok, how do you take off the shifter knob?!?!?

I have tried to twist it, both ways, and looked in the manual and found nada. How do you remove the shifter knob on the KJ manual tranny stick???

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/798121
swyszomirski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2005, 07:25 AM   #2
Renegade04

Pull the shift boot down exposing the lower portion of the shift knob. About 1/2 way down the normally hidden portion you will see a slot with a pin going thru it.
You need to tap that pin out as it holds the shift knob in place. I used a allen wrench and a hammer. Put the trans into 2nd or 4th to hold it in place and tap it out carefully. After you pull the pin out the knob just pulls right off.....
Unread 02-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
swyszomirski

thanks! Did you figure this out by doing? because I cant find it in the manual.

Unread 02-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Renegade04

Yea I put on a MOMO Anatomica shift knob, http://partners.drivewerks.com/catal...-anatomica.jpg ,
about a week after I got my Renegade. The plastic knob from the factory is total cr@p....
Unread 02-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #5
swyszomirski

well I want to put a button in the shifter knob so I dont have to move my hands around to turn off my light bar when I am driving in the mountains that I call home II have a manual tranny) also dont want to pay a lot for a knob with buttons already in it, such as the racerboy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.