Oil Pressure Sensor Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Oil Pressure Sensor Help

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 11-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
mt3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oil Pressure Sensor Help

i am having the problem with my 2002 liberty oil light coming on at stop lights. through the searching on this forum, it looks like the most likely culprit is the oil pressure sensor ....

can someone help me with some info?. ..... where is it located? is it hard to change it? how much is the part? .....

please let me know.

thanks!

mt3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
yellocoyote
2002 KJ Liberty 

Located just above the oil filter. Not difficult to change... took me 15 minutes or so, mostly because it's in an awkward location. Part itself is around $40.

Unread 11-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
mt3
2007 JK Wrangler 

it says remove oil pressure sensor .... is it screwed in? looks like a nut of some sort in the picture ....

do i have to drain the oil first?

Last edited by mt3; 11-09-2009 at 01:10 PM..
Unread 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
nhcd538
2001 WJ 

Before you do all that, make sure your oil level is up to snuff. Not trying to insult your intelligence but it's worth checking if you haven't!
Unread 11-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
mt3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcd538 View Post
Before you do all that, make sure your oil level is up to snuff. Not trying to insult your intelligence but it's worth checking if you haven't!

thanks. that was the first thing i checked.i doubt that someone who wouldn't know to check the oil level first wouldn't even be on this forum looking for help.
Unread 12-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
crazyteenager
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3 View Post
thanks. that was the first thing i checked.i doubt that someone who wouldn't know to check the oil level first wouldn't even be on this forum looking for help.
I logged in just to reply to this... There are more than enough people on here that are lost and crying because they dont know how to jump start their cars.... look at this response

Originally Posted by ceb0217;
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Unread 12-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3 View Post
You'd be surprised. There's a thread on the XJ forum from a guy in Oregon who changed his radiator fluid and replaced it with straight water. It then froze solid with the recent weather and he wanted to know how to thaw his engine out. He then proceeded to ask what temperature water froze at. I'd like to think these threads are pranks, but the longer I live and the more people I meet the more I begin to think there's a whole segment of society that don't have a clue.

Anyway...disconnect the wire from the end of the sensor and use a wrench on the silver nut looking part of it to remove it. An open end wrench works best. It will take a while to get it out, and the new one in, because of the tight space. Lots of wrenching. But it is easy enough.

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.