Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Oil Light

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  XxDaZxX 
#1 ·
hi i have a 04 liberty renegade 3.7.....i have noticed that my oil light has came on a few times when i start my liberty up in the morning, the temps have been around in the 40s in the morning. once i turn the jeep off and turn it back on the light goes off, the light only comes on in the morning, not during the day or night. i checked my oil level and it was fine......any ideas?

#7 ·
ok here is the code thats comming up......

522 Oil pressure sensor problems

could this be from the FRAM filter?

also the oil light only comes on in the morning when its cold....once i turn the car off and turn it back on the light doesnt come on....

#8 ·
XxDaZxX said:
ok here is the code thats comming up......

522 Oil pressure sensor problems

could this be from the FRAM filter?

also the oil light only comes on in the morning when its cold....once i turn the car off and turn it back on the light doesnt come on....
It could be, but doughtful. I have used Fram Tough Guard filters successfully in the past. I think you just have a sensor glitch, but go down to NAPA and get a Gold filter (WIX) and slap on there to find out.

#19 ·
Ok so i went to pick up the sensor the other day, my jeep dealer was nice and gave it to me, with out having to pay. anyways i get home unplug the sensor and realized they gave me the wrong one. they gave me a 3 prong sensor instead of a 2 prong, like i needed.....back to the dealership on monday.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.