Oil leak - oil pan gasket or rear main seal? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Oil leak - oil pan gasket or rear main seal?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #16
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post
Sorry, links work for me, might be mobile version links since I'm on my phone. I never looked at my balancer so I didn't know there weren't any holes. Sorry for the slight misinformation.
The links work the tools won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR2 View Post
Thankyou!

So with that puller (and the Miller tools for removing/installing the actual seal), it's possible to do the job without removing the rad/condenser?
No special tools needed to remove the seal,I personally use a small indexable seal puller and then a small rubber mallet to install the seal.

You can also do this job without removing the radiator,if you have the mechanical fan then it must be removed along with the fan shroud but if not nothing but the serp belt needs to be removed.I replaced my front crank seal without even opening the hood,granted I have a bit more room to work from underneath.

Unread 04-03-2014, 12:05 AM   #17
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Do you mean an ordinary seal puller like this?

What about reinstalling the balancer/crank pulley - any special tools needed for that?
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR2 View Post
Do you mean an ordinary seal puller like this?

What about reinstalling the balancer/crank pulley - any special tools needed for that?
Yeah but one with a indexable head works better since it is a tight spot to get in.As far as installing the pulley back on you can either use a rubber mallet(most difficult way),buy a longer crank bolt to start it(stock one is to short),or buy the tool set in the link below...............

http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/pr...CER-INSTALLER/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.