Oil Leak 2003 No spot on Driveway - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Oil Leak 2003 No spot on Driveway

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
erachinskas

Oil Leak 2003 No spot on Driveway

Wife has 2003 liberty. Use 5w-30w Quaker State Oil. ALWAYS reset her maintenance reminder to 3,500 and when it goes off and advises her Perform service, I buy what i need and change the oil within a few days. Today wife went to leave work and stated the oil light came on heard the "DING" and then went right off. She checked the oil, She is learning and stated NO OIL ON THE DIPSTICK. Got a ride to store, purchased 2 qts of oil and put in engine and drove home. Looked at maintenance and still have 1,023 miles till service. No oil spots under jeep. Will check PVC valve tomorrow in daylight and replace for sure but where is she loosing oil? Will check airbox and filter but is there something else I should do? Jeep has 101,000 and looks clean. I know you need more info, Tomorrow when it is day out and I can crawl around under it.

erachinskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
erachinskas

Ok climbed under jeep. Some oil in area where transmission attaches to rear of engine. PVC valve REALLY bad, No oil in air-box. Drained Oil and got about 3 qts out and whatever in filter. Placed 4qts 5w-30w High mileage and 1qt of Lucas Oil stabilizer. Let my wife drive around while i followed and I cant see any smoke out exhaust. Where is my oil going?
erachinskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Just because you see no smoke out of the tail pipe does not mean it's not burning it.

Just change the PCV valve and check the oil level daily.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.