oil filter location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > oil filter location

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-09-2002, 02:12 PM   #1
ahajr

oil filter location

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty. i love it even with the not as good as I hoped gas milage. But I have a problem. I went to change the oil at 300o miles and I can't find the oil filter. I took off the skid plate! I used a flashlight! I have had my hands everywhere trying to "feel" it if i can't see it. I know it must be there....but I can't find it. Monday i take it to the dealer for an oil change. Anyone else do there own oil have a problem like this. I see lots of people are using a K&H ?? filter maybe I better just let it go and take it in every time.

ahajr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2002, 05:30 PM   #2
JMPHOTO

The oil filter is located on the front side of the engine closer to the driver side. If you open your hood and stand in front and look in the engine compartment, look at the front of the engine that is facing you. Now look for the large belt and pullies on the engine. The filter is located near the bottom right of the pully and belt assembly (as you are facing the engine)
I use a Mobil 1 (M1-209) filter. Or the K&N, not sure of the part#. If this is your first time, you will have a hard time getting the factory filter off.
JMPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #3
CK in NY

I got this off another jeep forum:

"here is how I have found best to get the filter loose. If there is a mechanical fan you need a ratchet, 1' extension, swivel, and oil filter claw. Put the extension in between the sway bar and the skid plate, then put the claw on the extension with the swivel in between them. The Libertys with the electric fan are much easier to get to. You can loosen and remove the filter with an oil filter strap wrench or pliers from above."
CK in NY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.