Off-road capability for stock liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Off-road capability for stock liberty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Jgrana
2002 KJ Liberty 

Off-road capability for stock liberty

I have a 2002 limited liberty and I'm thinking to take it off-road. It's completely stock, I put on Michelin latitude tires and I got new Monroe gas shocks for the rear, can someone tell my the ground clearance and do you think it will make it up box canyon or bulldog canyon in AZ. It's a medium off road trail and what do you guys think??

2002 Liberty Limited 3.7
Jgrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I have been through box canyon many times but not in the liberty. You should be able to make it. We managed to get a patriot FDII through Box with no damage.
I did bulldog once but not in the liberty. I remember it was a pretty easy trail.

Join www.virtualjeepclub.com. They have lots of local runs including box canyon on a regular basis. I would run it with you when the weather cools a little. My 'off road' rig has winch/lockers/tow points and lots of recovery gear.

Here is a thread with the 'patriot run'. Don't be put off by the other rigs and the more difficult spots. Those are bypassed. Lots of patriot shots on page 2.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...iot+box+canyon

I have never seen a liberty run it but I really don't think it would be a problem and should be a lot of fun!
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Do you have skid plates ?
If not anytime off road you should have them
Unread 09-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Jgrana
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliehopnoodle View Post
I have been through box canyon many times but not in the liberty. You should be able to make it. We managed to get a patriot FDII through Box with no damage.
I did bulldog once but not in the liberty. I remember it was a pretty easy trail.

Join www.virtualjeepclub.com. They have lots of local runs including box canyon on a regular basis. I would run it with you when the weather cools a little. My 'off road' rig has winch/lockers/tow points and lots of recovery gear.

Here is a thread with the 'patriot run'. Don't be put off by the other rigs and the more difficult spots. Those are bypassed. Lots of patriot shots on page 2.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...iot+box+canyon

I have never seen a liberty run it but I really don't think it would be a problem and should be a lot of fun!

Well if a patriot can do it im pretty sure my liberty should do it

2002 Liberty Limited 3.7
Jgrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

At stock configuration its surprisingly good. Down falls is ground clearance for sure. If your a good driver you should be able to make up for it.
kjrenegade03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
RogueKJ
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrenegade03 View Post
At stock configuration its surprisingly good. Down falls is ground clearance for sure. If your a good driver you should be able to make up for it.
Yea they are very good stock. But like kjrenegade03 said clearance is horrible. Mine stock went threw alot. The 4x4 is great in the truck.
RogueKJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.