o2 Sensor replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > o2 Sensor replacement

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
nconness

o2 Sensor replacement

I searched everywhere on how to change an O2 sensor on a liberty and found nothing, so here's what I know.
I tried getting the special socket to get my old o2 sensor off (driver side, after cat), but found that either the socket I had was too long, or Liberty's are not meant to have the o2 sensor taken off using that socket. It took a long time to not only get the socket on the sensor, but to figure out how to get any movement out of the wrench was near impossible. Long story short, I used a 7/8 wrench which was all that allowed me to get a grip on the sensor and get enough torque to move it.

I'm only posting this because it would have saved me about 2 hours of messing with that socket if I had read something like this.

nconness is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.