noisy fan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > noisy fan

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
skykris
2006 KJ Liberty 

noisy fan

need advice

i have 2006 jeep cheerokie 2,8crd - 20 000km
and i had few issues already on it (leaking oil from tubrine and transmision)

and now I have another one

Nosiy fan (squeeking) on radiator , and seems to be loose a little bit

skykris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
Not a known issue when does it squeak? Are you sure it’s the fan? Have had the alternator pulley do this as there is a one way clutch in the pulley. Have also had belt issues but on earlier models. If it’s a manual have also had dual mass flywheels make a squeak on shut down and at star up.
Regards,
Simon
merlinTec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
skykris
2006 KJ Liberty 

I powered down engine and moved fan by hand

I ve been in jeep dealer in dublin - they said it is a bearing on fan motor , will repair next week

kris
skykris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
andrewjake3
2005 KJ Liberty 

I have an answer for that squeaking of the pulleys.
I paid to have the tensioner pulley changed and I still had squeaking.
So I got my squeeze bottle of high speed electrical motor lubricant caster oil with the pullout tube.
I bit on the end of the tube until i got it bend at a 90 degree angle.
Turned the bottle upside down, jockeyed it down in between the belt and cowling to the pulleys, squeezed and lubricated both side of the bearings on both idler pulleys and the tensioner pulley, then inside the tensioner pulley where the spring is located and ((voila)) no more damn squeaking.
They were all squeaking and bearings tight as new.
SWEET!

Now, I have a question?!?

It idles at 750 rpm, like it should, but it shakes (like it should) at that idle speed but when I push the throttle up to say 900 rpm it smoothes out so pretty.
How can I ease the idle up 150 rpm?
It's not like the old days when I open the hood and there is an idle screw on the carburator.
???
andrewjake3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.