No start issue / common ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > No start issue / common ???

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
gixer

No start issue / common ???

Hello
I have an deal on a 2005 Renegade. It has had a NO START issue in the past. But Chrysler fixed it and itís up for grabs. I am told that the problem is fixed and has a warranty from Chrysler on it also.
I hear this is a common problem. Is this true? Itís a 2005 with about 9k for miles and the price is right. I am looking for info on this no start issue on what it can be and what would need to be fixed. Again it was a Chrysler buyback vehicle and they have to fix it before they can sell it again.
Any info would be great.
Thanks

gixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
snikr

Did it kick any codes during the No Start issue??

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
CRD4Liberty

I haven't heard of many no start issues. Thee have been some battery failure and rare ECM problems, but those wouldn't require a buy back. There was something major and rare that happened to this rig to require a buyback. Bet it took them a while to figure it out and the part(s) are all brand new. I think the rig has to be in the shop like 60 days in the 1st year to kick in a buy back.
CRD4Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
gixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikr
Did it kick any codes during the No Start issue??

Tom
I dont know if it did. As I stated above I am looking to buy this one. It has been fixed by Chrsysler and not doing it now. Just was wondering what I might be getting into if it happens again.
Unread 11-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
gixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD4Liberty
I haven't heard of many no start issues. Thee have been some battery failure and rare ECM problems, but those wouldn't require a buy back. There was something major and rare that happened to this rig to require a buyback. Bet it took them a while to figure it out and the part(s) are all brand new. I think the rig has to be in the shop like 60 days in the 1st year to kick in a buy back.

So since its was fixed by chrysler do you think it would be worth getting?
The price is great and the truck looks great also.
It was a program error and the computer was reprogramed.
Unread 11-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
JoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer
So since its was fixed by chrysler do you think it would be worth getting?
The price is great and the truck looks great also.
It was a program error and the computer was reprogramed.
That might be the flash for the Battery running down. It was corrected bya flash to the Body Control module. Flash came out june time frame as I recall. Something was staying on as I recall. Look in the TSB area for it
2000 Cherokee Classic with factory 16" wheels
JoBo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
Gentleman
2008 MK Compass 

I think I would try to identify and contact the previous owner and get the true scoop of what was reall wrong to initiate a buy back, DC is not known for their buy back practice and a simple reprograming seems fishy

Bob
Unread 11-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
snikr

Yes. If DC bought the Liberty back it means the dealer couldn't fix something. Maybe if you get an extended warranty it might help the deal along?

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.